Last Updated November 3, 2016
HDC highly values its customer relationships and we created this Statement to describe to you:
- the information we collect about you,
- how that information may be used,
- with whom it may be shared,
- how you may access the information you provide us,
- and your choices about such uses and disclosures.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In General. We collect personal information that can identify you such as your name, address, email address and phone number, as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information to HDC, the information may be stored in databases located in the United States and other countries around the world.
Information You Provide. We may collect and store any personal information you provide to us including personally identifying information (such as your name, mailing address, email address and telephone number), information about your vehicle, responses you voluntarily provide to surveys, and, if you purchase services from us, information about your payment method (such as valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information).
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer service and support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by email, text message, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our website;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
- manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
3. WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
a. Personal Information
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated herein or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt-out of having your personal information shared. We may share all types of personal information with:
Jiffy Lube Franchise Network. Jiffy Lube operates through a network of business owners (each referred to as a “franchisee”). We may share information we collect, including personal information, within the Jiffy Lube franchise network. Sharing information within the Jiffy Lube franchise network enables us to provide you with information about your vehicle service history and a variety of products and services that might interest you. All franchisees are required to comply with this Statement and applicable privacy and data security laws.
Other Situations. We also may disclose your personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of HDC, our customers, our employees, or others.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale of a franchise, a merger or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
b. Aggregated and Non-personal Information
We may share aggregated information (i.e., information about you and other customers collectively, but not specifically identifiable to you) and other non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our websites and the most popular features or services accessed.
4. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You can, of course, choose not to provide us with certain information. Please note, however, that certain information may be required in order for you to obtain services from HDC companies and/or participate in contests and promotions.
Federal and state regulations require that we store certain customer information for various periods of time. In order to comply with these requirements, we may be unable to delete your information until these retention periods are met.
You will always be given a choice as to whether you want to receive postal mail, email messages, newsletters, phone calls and any other type of communication from HDC. At any time you may modify your choice by contacting HDC Customer Service at (518) 862.1658. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial email that we send to you, to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as service updates or administrative notices without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. Please note that opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us.
If you do not want us to send you postal mail for marketing purposes, you may remove your name from our mailing lists by contacting HDC Customer Service at (518) 862.1658.
5. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business purposes. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your financial information and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
Although we take steps to secure your information, no data protection system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
6. OTHER INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PRIVACY PRACTICES
a. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16.
We will occasionally update this Statement to reflect changes in our practices and services. When we post changes to this Statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the Statement. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use, and/or share personal information that may impact you, we will notify you by sending an email to the email address you most recently provided us (unless we do not have such an email address), and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on our website and/or service centers. We recommend that you review a copy of this Statement each time you provide personal information at one of our service centers and/or websites to inform yourself of any changes.
7. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Statement or our information-handling practices, or if you would like to request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please contact us by phone at (518) 862.1658 or postal mail: Hoffman Development Corp. Customer Service, 1757 Central Avenue, Albany, NY 12205 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.