- Who: Any Hoffman Car Wash Visitor
- What: Free Ultimate Car Wash
- When: Saturday, June 3 – Sunday, June 4
- Where: Any Exterior or Full Service Location
- How: With a donation of a non-perishable food item
Hoffman Car Wash is very excited about the upcoming Spring Food Drive on Saturday, June 3, and Sunday, June 4, at all our Exterior and Full Service locations.
Twice a year, we help individuals and families in our communities by providing nourishment and sustenance to our neighbors facing food insecurity, ensuring their basic needs are met.
During our Spring Food Drive, Hoffman Car Wash staff will be collecting non-perishable food items to support local area food pantries. Customers who donate during the weekend will receive a free Ultimate Car Wash.
In addition to a free car wash, everyone who donates to the Food Drive this year will receive a brand-new Practice Kindness sticker. These high-quality stickers feature the Practice Kindness logo on a green background. Stickers will be available to customers at all Exterior and Full Service locations while supplies last.
Hoffman Car Wash is partnering with 17 different food pantries to provide much-needed assistance for families and individuals in need.
This year’s pantries include
- South Glens Falls Moreau Community Center (Queensbury)
- Captain Community Human Services (Clifton Park)
- Northeast Regional Food Bank (Latham)
- The Food Pantries of the Capital District (Colonie)
- People’s Place (Kingston)
- Hope 7 Food Pantry (Troy)
- Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless (Albany)
- The Anchor Food Pantry (East Greenbush)
- Loaves and Fish Food Pantry (Binghamton)
- Salvation Army (Hudson)
- Bethlehem Food Pantry (Delmar)
- The Wilton Food Pantry (Saratoga)
Franklin Community Center (Northline Rd.)
- Fulmont Community Action Agency (Amsterdam & Gloversville)
- Utica Rescue Mission (New Hartford)
- Utica Food Pantry (Yorkville)
- Rome Food Pantry (Erie Blvd. & Black River Blvd.)
Most Needed Items
Several items are needed to address hunger and provide well-rounded nutrition. Non-perishable staples like canned vegetables, fruits, beans, and proteins such as tuna or chicken are essential. Items such as rice, pasta, cereal, peanut butter, and baby food/formula are necessary for different dietary needs.
Some of the most needed items include:
- Canned proteins (tuna fish, chicken, etc.)
- Canned entrees (stew, ravioli, etc.)
- Canned fruit in juice
- Pasta and rice
- Canned spaghetti sauce
- Canned soup
- Hot or cold cereal
- Canned 100% juice
- Peanut butter and jelly
Hygiene items are also in very high demand at local pantries, such as shampoo, conditioner, laundry detergent, and deodorants.
Our Food Drives have a significant impact on the community by addressing food insecurity and promoting overall well-being. These events help foster a sense of solidarity and compassion within the community, encouraging people to come together and support those in need. Our goal is to alleviate hunger and contribute to a healthier, more resilient community where everyone has the opportunity to thrive.
Hoffman Car Wash’s “Practice Kindness” initiative spreads positivity and goodwill in the communities we serve. By practicing kindness, we hope to make a positive impact and inspire others to do the same.
Hoffman Car Wash has a long-standing relationship, supporting Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless (IPH), Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), the American Red Cross, and the ALS Regional Center, among many others.
In addition to helping non-profit organizations, we host two food drives a year, a First Responders free wash event and a Veterans Day free wash event.
Hoffman Car Wash also supports many non-profits and youth organizations through its Helping Hands Fundraising program.