Hoffman Car Wash, Inc.
Winning Wednesday Social Media Contests
1. GENERAL: No purchase necessary. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Winning Wednesday Social Media Contest (“Contest”) is offered only to legal United States residents age 18 years old or older at the time of entry. The prize is non-transferable. One prize per Winner. Contest is offered only to New York residents who reside within Hoffman Car Wash’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as determined by Nielsen Media Research Services. Employees of Hoffman Development Corporation, Hoffman Car Wash Inc., TCP Albany Auto Sales LLC, TCP Albany Auto Finance LLC and members of their immediate families and each of their affiliates, representatives, and agents, and their directors and employees (collectively, “Contest Entities”), and the members of the same households of such individuals are not eligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. No groups, clubs, or organizations may participate in this Contest or reproduce or distribute any portion of these Official Rules to their members. Proof of age, identity, and eligibility must be furnished to Hoffman Development Corp. (“Sponsor”) upon request. All entry form information must be complete and accurate. Sponsor will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry. By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and these Official Rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if these Official Rules are not followed.
3. HOW TO ENTER: The Contest entry period begins at 12:01 am on the day of the Social Media posts ends at 11:59 pm that same day (“Entry Period”). All times in these rules refer to Eastern Standard Time. To enter, individuals must first “like” the Hoffman Car Wash & Hoffman Jiffy Lube Facebook page and “share” the designated post. Or, individuals must first “follow” the Hoffman Car Wash & Hoffman Jiffy Lube Twitter feed and “retweet” the designated post. All entries must be received during the Entry Period. Limit one entry per person per person during the Entry Period. New entries only. We have the right to refuse any request. Sponsor is not responsible for verifying receipt of entries. Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Incomplete and multiple entries are void. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable or delayed. Mechanically-generated entries and temporary or disposable email addresses are void. Entries generated by any automated means are void.
4. HOW TO WIN: Winners will be selected through a random drawing by Sponsor as soon as practicable after the Entry Period ends. Potential Winners via the drawing will be notified by via the social media channel, within ten (10) days of drawing. Winner must respond to such notification, by calling the Contest coordinator provided in the notification, within forty-eight (48) hours after the notification is sent by Sponsor, or the Winner may be subject to disqualification, in which case the Prize will be forfeited, and an alternate Winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries, time permitting. Winner may be required to sign and return appropriate forms and/or documentation, including an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and/or, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release within ten (10) days following the date of first attempted notification. Winner hereby further agrees that he/she will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright of the entry to Sponsor within ten (10) days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to sign and return such forms within the requisite timeframe could result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, or out-of-service contact information. If Sponsor is unable, after making a reasonable effort, to contact a selected potential Winner, that potential Winner will be disqualified and a new potential Winner will be selected from remaining entries until all qualified Winners are chosen.
5. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, entry in the Contest constitutes each entrant’s consent to use, publish, and reproduce for all purposes including, but not limited to, publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television, radio, or offline promotions), each Winner’s name, city, photograph, likeness, biographical material, voice, image, each in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval.
6. PRIZE: Prizes and value will vary and will be outlined in each social media posts. Prize must be picked up at the Hoffman Car Wash location of the Winner’s choosing. To claim prize, Winner must provide a valid driver’s license or state identification card. Prize is non-transferable. The prizes are not redeemable for cash. No prize may be substituted for cash or other property by Prize Winner(s).
7. ODDS: Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the entry period.
8. TERMS AND CONDITIONS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Participants are responsible for complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and with these Official Rules, and by entering, participants agree to be bound to these Official Rules. Any attempt by an entrant or other party to tamper with the proper administration of the Contest will disqualify the entrant and may result in civil or criminal action against the entrant or other party and may result in the discontinuation, suspension, or cancellation of the Contest. WINNERS AND ENTRANTS AGREE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, TO RELEASE AND DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE CONTEST ENTITIES, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THIS CONTEST, FROM ANY AND ALL TAX LIABILITY THAT MAY BE IMPOSED OR ASSOCIATED WITH RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZES, AND FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, PROCEEDINGS, AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, EXPENSES, FEES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH) SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE TRAVELING TO, PREPARING FOR, OR PARTICIPATING IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of the Prize. Sponsor retains the discretion to make all decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these Official Rules. All decisions of Sponsor are final and discretionary. In the event the selected Winner(s) of the Prize is/are ineligible or refuse(s) the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may randomly select an alternate Winner from remaining entries, or may elect not to award such Prize to an alternate Winner, where permitted.
9. DISCLAIMER/INTERNET: If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, acts of God, war, terrorism, government regulation, disaster, fire, strikes, civil disorder, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, and integrity of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right in its discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select Winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in a Promotion if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law. The Contest Entities (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (ii) are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry information to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or (iii) any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. SPONSOR MAKES NO WARRANTY, GUARANTEE, OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, AND SPONSOR SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, WARRANTY OF FITNESS, AND ANY OTHER IMPLIED WARRANTY.
10. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the rules of the American Arbitration Association, and any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by entrant with regard to this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees, punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of New York or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York. New York County shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute relating to these Official Rules and/or this Contest. All participants and Winners agree, by their participation in the Contest, to submit to personal jurisdiction in New York County. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the invalidity or unenforceability of any other provision so long as the general intent of these Official Rules remains in effect. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
11. OFFICIAL RULES AND LIST OF WINNER(S): To receive a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Hoffman Car Wash c/o Social Media Contest, 1757 Central Ave., Albany, NY 12205. These Official Rules supersede all other published editions. Sponsor reserves the right to change, alter, or amend these Official Rules as necessary, in its sole discretion, to ensure the fair administration of the Contest or to comply with applicable law. For Winners’ names, send a self-addressed stamped envelope within 6 months of the drawing to Hoffman Car Wash c/o Social Media Contest Winners, at the address listed above.
12. SPONSOR(S): Hoffman Car Wash, Inc. 1757 Central Ave., Albany, NY 12205.
Questions or comments:
Visit any participating HCW location